San Francisco News
Two men stabbed during fight in SF's Richmond District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco are investigating a stabbing in the city's Richmond District that sent two men to the hospital early Sunday morning.
Officers responded to reports of a fight near Third Avenue and Geary Boulevard at around 2:15 a.m., San Francisco police Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Arriving police found two men who had been stabbed, Shyy said.
A 29-year-old man suffered a cut to his face and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated, Shyy said.
A second victim, a 42-year-old man, suffered multiple stab wounds and was also taken to SFGH.
Both men were expected to survive, Shyy said.
Police reported that a group of Asian males, believed to be the suspects, got into a black two-door sedan and fled the area, Shyy said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, violence, SFPD, richmond district, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems 22 min ago
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting 42 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos