San Francisco News
Hundreds rally in San Francisco for renters' rights
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Hundreds of San Franciscans affected by rising rents and Ellis Act evictions are rallying at the State Capitol Tuesday.
The Ellis Act allows landlords to evict tenants when taking a building off the rental market. Tuesday's rally is demanding a stop to those evictions.
Demonstrators are also showing support for a new State Senate bill that would help build housing for low and middle income residents.
housing market, protest, state capitol, laws, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 59 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 57 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
57 min ago