San Francisco News
Hundreds rally in San Francisco for renters' rights
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Hundreds of San Franciscans affected by rising rents and Ellis Act evictions are rallying at the State Capitol Tuesday.
The Ellis Act allows landlords to evict tenants when taking a building off the rental market. Tuesday's rally is demanding a stop to those evictions.
Demonstrators are also showing support for a new State Senate bill that would help build housing for low and middle income residents.
housing market, protest, state capitol, laws, san francisco news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 48 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 21 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 49 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos