San Francisco News
New poll reveals San Franciscan's top concerns
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new poll has revealed just how expensive it is to live and work in San Francisco and that the pinch is a top concern for voters.
On Tuesday morning, the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce unveiled the results of the 2014 Dignity Health Citybeat Poll.
More than a thousand people gathered for the annual breakfast event at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
According to the chamber, the cost of owning a home is the number one worry for more than a third of San Franciscans. That's a big jump from 20-percent last year.
Other top concerns include homelessness, rent costs and affordability.
real estate, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 23 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver 58 min ago
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
23 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos