San Francisco News
New poll reveals San Franciscan's top concerns
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new poll has revealed just how expensive it is to live and work in San Francisco and that the pinch is a top concern for voters.
On Tuesday morning, the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce unveiled the results of the 2014 Dignity Health Citybeat Poll.
More than a thousand people gathered for the annual breakfast event at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
According to the chamber, the cost of owning a home is the number one worry for more than a third of San Franciscans. That's a big jump from 20-percent last year.
Other top concerns include homelessness, rent costs and affordability.
real estate, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 28 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 20 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
1 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
16 min ago