South Bay News
Vandals strike Prop 8 homes in SJ
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- Vandals struck overnight in San Jose at two homes where the owners put out signs in support of Proposition 8.
A "Yes on 8" sign was painted over, and the garage doors on each of the two homes were sprayed with "No on 8."
One of their cars was also vandalized. Prop 8 would change the state constitution to outlaw same-sex marriage. One of the homeowners says she was mad at first, but is now trying to think about what was going through the vandal's mind.
"Why would you, instead of just giving us a pamphlet, or wanting to talk to us, instead coming in and trying to destroy something we really worked hard for because we're very opened minded we're very open minded people. We're willing to talk to people," said Kelly Byrne, "Proposition 8" supporter.
Police took a report on the vandalism, but the homeowners say there's probably little that can be done to catch the culprit given the fact they have no suspect description.
south bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday