South Bay News
Vandals strike Prop 8 homes in SJ
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- Vandals struck overnight in San Jose at two homes where the owners put out signs in support of Proposition 8.
A "Yes on 8" sign was painted over, and the garage doors on each of the two homes were sprayed with "No on 8."
One of their cars was also vandalized. Prop 8 would change the state constitution to outlaw same-sex marriage. One of the homeowners says she was mad at first, but is now trying to think about what was going through the vandal's mind.
"Why would you, instead of just giving us a pamphlet, or wanting to talk to us, instead coming in and trying to destroy something we really worked hard for because we're very opened minded we're very open minded people. We're willing to talk to people," said Kelly Byrne, "Proposition 8" supporter.
Police took a report on the vandalism, but the homeowners say there's probably little that can be done to catch the culprit given the fact they have no suspect description.
south bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 8 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 10 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 45 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
45 min ago