South Bay News
Vandals strike Prop 8 homes in SJ
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- Vandals struck overnight in San Jose at two homes where the owners put out signs in support of Proposition 8.
A "Yes on 8" sign was painted over, and the garage doors on each of the two homes were sprayed with "No on 8."
One of their cars was also vandalized. Prop 8 would change the state constitution to outlaw same-sex marriage. One of the homeowners says she was mad at first, but is now trying to think about what was going through the vandal's mind.
"Why would you, instead of just giving us a pamphlet, or wanting to talk to us, instead coming in and trying to destroy something we really worked hard for because we're very opened minded we're very open minded people. We're willing to talk to people," said Kelly Byrne, "Proposition 8" supporter.
Police took a report on the vandalism, but the homeowners say there's probably little that can be done to catch the culprit given the fact they have no suspect description.
south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 21 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 29 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 3 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 43 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 51 min ago