South Bay News
Cheryl Burke hosts benefit competition
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Cheryl Burke and Gilles Marini from ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" hit show, dropped by the station on Thursday, to the delight of the entire newsroom.
Cheryl came by to talk about some of the local charities she is supporting. Gilles came to support her even though he just had surgery two days ago for a separated shoulder, a broken clavicle, and torn rotator cuff.
"So we had this three hour surgery and I'm good to go, soon," said Gilles.
"Friday night, we're opening up our third studio in Mountain View and all the donations are going to El Camino Hospital," said Cheryl.
Cheryl is from the Bay Area and a two-time winner of the show. She and Gilles came in second this season to gymnast Shawn Johnson and her partner, by less than one percent.
On Friday night June 5th, the El Camino Hospital Benefit will take place at the Cheryl Burke Dance Studio in Mountain View.
Event website: www.strictlycheryl.com
Mountain View: (650) 864-9150
On Saturday night, starting June 6th, Cheryl will host "Dancing With the Drag Stars" at her San Francisco studio. It's a ballroom dance competition for the city's gay, bisexual and transgender community that takes place over three nights: June 6, July 11 and August 8, 2009. Saturday, June 20, benefit for Seton Hospital to help the infusion center for cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
"Dancing With the Drag Stars"
Held at Cheryl Burke's Dance Studio in San Francisco
1830 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
south bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 16 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
17 min ago