South Bay News
Firefighters collect shoes for Haiti survivors
SANTA CLARA, CA -- The Santa Clara County Black Firefighters Association is collecting shoes for earthquake survivors in Haiti.
The "Souls4Souls" shoe donation drive runs through Jan. 31. Donations of gently worn men's, women's, and children's shoes with laces can be dropped off at any San Jose fire station.
Firefighters are partnering with the Sport Chalet chain of sporting goods stores for the shoe drive.
santa clara, haiti, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday