South Bay News
Suspect sought in July sexual assault of teenager
LOS ALTOS, CA -- Police in Los Altos are investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl while she was out jogging in July 2009.
The incident occurred July 14 at about 8:30 p.m. near Parma Way and Covington Road, but the victim reported the incident only recently, Sgt. John Korges said.
He said victims of sexual crimes sometimes don't come forward right away.
"The unfortunate aspect is it's not like a house burglary," he said. "It's a different type of victimization."
Citing the juvenile victim's privacy, Korges declined to give her age but said the girl is in her early teens.
The suspect is described as a man in his early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He had a medium build, a mustache and short black hair, according to the victim's description.
The man was driving a dark green Ford Explorer with a roof rack, tinted passenger windows, Firestone tires and dual exhaust pipes, according to police. The SUV is believed to be a model built between 2003 and 2008, and has a partial license plate of 5KG.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call police Detective Susan Anderson at (650) 947-2770.
los altos, crime, south bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 30 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos