South Bay News
Suspect sought in July sexual assault of teenager
LOS ALTOS, CA -- Police in Los Altos are investigating the sexual assault of a teenage girl while she was out jogging in July 2009.
The incident occurred July 14 at about 8:30 p.m. near Parma Way and Covington Road, but the victim reported the incident only recently, Sgt. John Korges said.
He said victims of sexual crimes sometimes don't come forward right away.
"The unfortunate aspect is it's not like a house burglary," he said. "It's a different type of victimization."
Citing the juvenile victim's privacy, Korges declined to give her age but said the girl is in her early teens.
The suspect is described as a man in his early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall. He had a medium build, a mustache and short black hair, according to the victim's description.
The man was driving a dark green Ford Explorer with a roof rack, tinted passenger windows, Firestone tires and dual exhaust pipes, according to police. The SUV is believed to be a model built between 2003 and 2008, and has a partial license plate of 5KG.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call police Detective Susan Anderson at (650) 947-2770.
los altos, crime, south bay news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 1 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting 1 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- Knife-wielding man arrested for grocery store robbery 34 min ago
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday 39 min ago
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday