South Bay News
Two-alarm fire destroys four apartments in Campbell
CAMPBELL, CA -- A two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Campbell destroyed four apartments Sunday afternoon, a Santa Clara County fire battalion chief said.
The blaze was reported at 1:01 p.m. in the 700 block of Sharmon Palms Lane, and was controlled by firefighters by 2:08 p.m., Battalion Chief Steve Prziborowski said.
One person suffered minor injuries in the fire, but did not have to be hospitalized, Prziborowski said.
The blaze destroyed four apartments. A monetary estimate of the amount of damage done has yet to be determined, he said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, according to Prziborowski.
campbell, fire, south bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 49 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 50 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 30 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 35 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 53 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos