South Bay News
Arson investigated at commercial building fire in Campbell
CAMPBELL, CA -- The Santa Clara County Fire Department is investigating a possible arson fire behind a commercial building in Campbell early this morning.
The two-alarm fire was reported at about 3:15 a.m. at 871 East Hamilton Ave., and was controlled in roughly half an hour, chief fire investigator Dennis Johnsen said.
A man who lives in a nearby apartment reported the fire after seeing flames in an outdoor storage space between three commercial buildings, Johnsen said.
Firefighters responded to find merchandise from a gift shop burning.
No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $10,000 in damage.
fire, campbell, south bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 14 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 16 min ago
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 9 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 39 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 40 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos