South Bay News
Mountain View choir due to arrive at SFO
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KGO) -- More than 30 remaining members of a South Bay high school choir are scheduled to finally arrive at San Francisco Airport International Friday.
The Mountain View High School Traveling Choir has been stuck in Paris since last Friday because of the volcanic ash that shutdown many European airports.
Fifteen students, accompanied by five teachers and chaperones, were greeted by parents at SFO just before midnight. The extra week in Europe cost the group at least $48,000 in added expenses.
Right now, parents are planning a special fundraiser for Monday -- to help make up for some of the extra costs.
los gatos, airline industry, south bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 44 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 49 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos