South Bay News
Homestead band to march in Macy's parade
CUPERTINO, CA (KGO) -- A Cupertino high school marching band is getting a big honor and big thrill.
Homestead High School's band will be one of just 10 marching in the 2011 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.
The band has 200 musicians and the school's principal says they could not have done it without parent and community support.
The bands are chosen by the Macy's Parade band committee.
cupertino, macy's, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday