South Bay News
Three crows test positive for West Nile Virus
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- Three dead crows have tested positive for West Nile virus in the South Bay, the first such finds of the season.
The birds were found in Los Altos, San Jose and Monte Sereno in the past ten days.
There have been no human cases so far, but because dead birds can be an early warning system, people are encouraged to call the West Nile Hotline at 1-877-WNV-BIRD if they find one.
san jose, monte sereno, los altos, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday