South Bay News
Bay Area-based airship out to break world record
MOFFET FIELD, CA (KGO) -- A Bay Area-based airship and its crew are trying to set a new world record.
The Eureka zeppelin, owned by Airship Ventures based at Moffett Field, is currently headed for San Diego, a distance of roughly 459 miles.
If the crew succeeds, they will break the current distance record by about 70 miles. The trip will take the airship along the Pacific Coast Highway.
The airship is expected to touch down in San Diego between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday.
highway 1, world record, south bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
9 min ago