South Bay News
Mountain View considers new rules for pot clubs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA (KGO) -- Mountain View's City Council is set to discuss tough new regulations for medicinal marijuana clubs at its Tuesday night meeting.
The plan would require medical marijuana dispensaries to be at least 1,000 feet from schools, daycares, churches and homes.
The city may also require them to pay for a conditional use permit and renew it yearly.
Medical marijuana supporters say the rules would make it virtually impossible to open a dispensary in the city.
medical marijuana, pot club, mountain view, south bay news
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists 58 min ago
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation 7 min ago
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead 8 min ago
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves 38 min ago
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Plan to cut down trees in East Bay Hills under review
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Ohio officers talk about rescue of...
48 min ago