South Bay News
19-year-old dies when motorcycle crashes into SUV
SALINAS, CA -- A 19-year-old man was killed after losing control of his motorcycle and crashing into a sport utility vehicle in Salinas Friday evening, according to police.
Shortly before 6:55 p.m., Edgar Romero-Perez was driving east on East Alisal Street on a 2009 Yamaha motorcycle when he approached the intersection of Filice Street, police said.
A 1999 Ford Expedition, driven by a 31-year-old man, was traveling north on Filice Street and came to a stop at the intersection. The driver said he looked both ways and entered the intersection to make a left hand turn onto East Alisal Street, police said.
Romero-Perez tried to stop, but lost control of his motorcycle and began sliding before crashing into the driver's side of the SUV, according to police.
He was taken to Natividad Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
car crash, salinas, south bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 6 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos