South Bay News
19-year-old dies when motorcycle crashes into SUV
SALINAS, CA -- A 19-year-old man was killed after losing control of his motorcycle and crashing into a sport utility vehicle in Salinas Friday evening, according to police.
Shortly before 6:55 p.m., Edgar Romero-Perez was driving east on East Alisal Street on a 2009 Yamaha motorcycle when he approached the intersection of Filice Street, police said.
A 1999 Ford Expedition, driven by a 31-year-old man, was traveling north on Filice Street and came to a stop at the intersection. The driver said he looked both ways and entered the intersection to make a left hand turn onto East Alisal Street, police said.
Romero-Perez tried to stop, but lost control of his motorcycle and began sliding before crashing into the driver's side of the SUV, according to police.
He was taken to Natividad Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
The crash is under investigation.
car crash, salinas, south bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday