South Bay News
Saratoga woman arrested for fatal hit-and-run
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- A Saratoga woman was arrested Monday in connection with a hit-and-run collision in Mountain View that killed an 80-year-old man, police said today.
Manuel Enos, a Mountain View resident, was hit at about 7:40 p.m. while walking northbound in the pedestrian crosswalk at California Street and Franklin Avenue, police said. He was struck by a Toyota Corolla headed westbound on California Street.
Enos was transported to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and died this afternoon.
Police arrested the alleged driver of the Toyota, 46-year-old Saratoga resident Keibun Son, without incident at her home on a felony hit-and-run charge Monday night. She was not under the influence of alcohol at the time of her arrest, police said.
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and are asking anyone who might have witnessed the hit-and-run to call the Police Department at (650) 903-6344.
car crash, pedestrian struck, mountain view, saratoga, crime, south bay news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 22 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos