South Bay News
Saratoga woman arrested for fatal hit-and-run
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- A Saratoga woman was arrested Monday in connection with a hit-and-run collision in Mountain View that killed an 80-year-old man, police said today.
Manuel Enos, a Mountain View resident, was hit at about 7:40 p.m. while walking northbound in the pedestrian crosswalk at California Street and Franklin Avenue, police said. He was struck by a Toyota Corolla headed westbound on California Street.
Enos was transported to a hospital with life-threatening injuries and died this afternoon.
Police arrested the alleged driver of the Toyota, 46-year-old Saratoga resident Keibun Son, without incident at her home on a felony hit-and-run charge Monday night. She was not under the influence of alcohol at the time of her arrest, police said.
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and are asking anyone who might have witnessed the hit-and-run to call the Police Department at (650) 903-6344.
car crash, pedestrian struck, mountain view, saratoga, crime, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 8 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 53 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 42 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
56 min ago
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos