South Bay News
7-Eleven robbed by man carrying shotgun
SALINAS, CA -- The Monterey County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who allegedly robbed a Salinas convenience store Friday night using a shotgun.
Deputies were called shortly after 11 p.m. to the 7-Eleven at 22760 Portola Drive.
A male believed to be in his 20s had pointed a black shotgun with wood stock - possibly a 12-gauge - at the store attendant and demanded money, the sheriff's office said.
The suspect allegedly took a small amount of money from the cash register. He also demanded additional, smaller-denomination bills in a box, the sheriff's office said.
The suspect then left through the front door and fled on foot.
He is described as 5 feet, 10 inches tall, and was dressed in black shoes, dark blue jeans, a black shirt, black Carhartt-style jacket with hood, black beanie hat, black scarf, black gloves and black sunglasses.
crime, salinas, south bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 57 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 14 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 22 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 56 min ago
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
14 min ago