South Bay News
3.9 earthquake strikes near Watsonville
The U.S. Geological Survey is reporting an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.9 struck this evening at 5:51 p.m. in Monterey County near Watsonville.
According to the USGS, the earthquake had a depth of 3.3 miles. The quake was centered about seven miles east of Watsonville and two miles north of Aromas, according to the USGS.
USGS, earthquake, monterey county, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 26 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday