South Bay News
Progress expected on new 49ers stadium
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- Santa Clara officials are set to take another big step forward Wednesday to bring the San Francisco 49ers to the South Bay.
Santa Clara city planners are expected to approve zoning changes needed to build the stadium next to the Great America theme park. Design plans for the $937 million facility are also expected to be approved.
Santa Clara voters OK'd the deal in June. Now, city leaders need to finalize the details so the team can line up financing for construction.
If all goes as planned, the team would open the 2014 season in the South Bay.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, santa clara, june 2010 primary, election day, south bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation 55 min ago
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill 37 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Researchers use 3D printing to model organs
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos