South Bay News
Fire danger keeps Alum Rock Park closed
SAN JOSE, CA -- Extreme fire danger has forced the city of San Jose to close Alum Rock Park today, the third consecutive day that the park is out of operation.
No public access or activities of any kind will be allowed in the park during the closure.
Daily weather readings within the park and the availability of fire personnel -- from both Cal Fire and local fire agencies -- determine the conditions for park use.
Readings taken Wednesday at 1:52 p.m. showed a temperature of 98 degrees, winds of 5 mph and a relative humidity of 17 percent.
Park goers may obtain an updated park status by calling (408) 259-5477.
alum rock, heat wave, san jose, south bay news
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 35 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- SF police search for suspect after officer shot 3 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 46 min ago
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case