South Bay News
Airfares rising at San Jose International Airport
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Ticket prices have been higher when flying out of Mineta San Jose International airport compared to San Francisco International Airport.
ABC7 media partner, the San Jose Mercury News reports that average fares rose 12 percent in San Jose, but the price has fallen by 8 percent at SFO.
Mineta San Jose airport officials say the airport's $1.3 billion modernization project is not to blame. They say the recession is impacting them much more than SFO.
Analysts say Mineta International has decreased the number of available flights causing the prices to rise for the limited available seats.
san francisco international airport, mineta san jose international airport, south bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos