South Bay News
Airfares rising at San Jose International Airport
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Ticket prices have been higher when flying out of Mineta San Jose International airport compared to San Francisco International Airport.
ABC7 media partner, the San Jose Mercury News reports that average fares rose 12 percent in San Jose, but the price has fallen by 8 percent at SFO.
Mineta San Jose airport officials say the airport's $1.3 billion modernization project is not to blame. They say the recession is impacting them much more than SFO.
Analysts say Mineta International has decreased the number of available flights causing the prices to rise for the limited available seats.
san francisco international airport, mineta san jose international airport, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos