South Bay News
Crane removes unwanted car from backyard
SARATOGA, Calif. (KGO) -- Some amazing work by a crane operator helped remove an unwanted item from the backyard of a Saratoga home.
A Toyota sedan plunged about 600 feet down a hillside coming to rest in an orange tree and a pool. No one was inside the car at the time.
Crews spent Tuesday trying to remove the car, which was a rental, but couldn't, and that's when Saratoga Tree Service came to the rescue.
The orange tree is going to be fine and the rental car agency will be picking up the costs.
saratoga, south bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday