South Bay News
Dumbarton Bridge accident sends 2 to hospital
DUMBARTON BRIDGE -- The Dumbarton Bridge was closed in the westbound direction tonight following a head-on collision that severely injured at least two people, a CHP officer said.
A driver going the wrong way crashed into another vehicle at about 8:50 p.m., CHP Officer Peter Van Eckhardt said. The collision occurred near the bridge's high-rise.
At least one person in each vehicle was severely injured and had to be extricated from the crash, Van Eckhardt said. They were transported by ground ambulance to local hospitals.
A Sig-alert was issued at 9:03 p.m., and westbound traffic was turned away at the toll plaza until the crash was cleared at about 10:25 p.m., Van Eckhardt said.
Traffic was still backed up as of about 10:40 p.m.
dumbarton bridge, car crash, south bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 23 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 27 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash