South Bay News
San Jose man attacked by dog
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Jose man is recovering from a dog attack.
It left him with 10 stitches and multiple bite wounds to his head and arm.
Bob Ferguson, 78, says he was walking his dog when he saw a neighbor's boxer and Labrador charging toward him last Wednesday.
They bit his hip and arm, knocking him to the ground.
"The white dog bit me on the top of the head and then the boxer started working his way down the side of my head to get to my ear and was trying to cut my throat," said Ferguson.
Animal Control took one of the two dogs into custody and its wounds are being investigated.
The attack has been categorized as "dangerous."
By comparison, the mauling of a south San Jose woman by two pit bulls last month is being categorized as a "vicious attack" -- which could lead to euthanizing the dogs.
san jose, dog attack, south bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
5 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos