South Bay News
San Jose man attacked by dog
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Jose man is recovering from a dog attack.
It left him with 10 stitches and multiple bite wounds to his head and arm.
Bob Ferguson, 78, says he was walking his dog when he saw a neighbor's boxer and Labrador charging toward him last Wednesday.
They bit his hip and arm, knocking him to the ground.
"The white dog bit me on the top of the head and then the boxer started working his way down the side of my head to get to my ear and was trying to cut my throat," said Ferguson.
Animal Control took one of the two dogs into custody and its wounds are being investigated.
The attack has been categorized as "dangerous."
By comparison, the mauling of a south San Jose woman by two pit bulls last month is being categorized as a "vicious attack" -- which could lead to euthanizing the dogs.
san jose, dog attack, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 54 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 36 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos