South Bay News
Solar panels installed at Kaiser in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Clara is now one of the country's first major medical centers to receive a significant amount of its energy from the sun.
An array of solar panels were constructed on the top of the medical center's garage roofs.
Kaiser officials say the panels produce enough power to provide electricity for 136 homes for one year.
Kaiser has agreed to install solar power systems at 15 of its California facilities by this summer.
kaiser permanente, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 9 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
9 min ago