South Bay News
Suspicious package causes SC building evacuation
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- A suspicious package prompted the evacuation of a building in downtown Santa Cruz this morning, police said.
A community alert was sent out at 10:36 a.m. alerting residents about a suspicious package found on the third floor of the University Town Center, located at 1101 Pacific Ave.
Police evacuated the second, third and fourth floors, as well as the parking lot behind the building, to investigate, police said.
The package has since been deemed harmless, and the building and parking lot were reopened at about 12:35 p.m.
suspicious package, evacuation, santa cruz, south bay news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge 6 min ago
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos