South Bay News
CreaTV offers grant opportunity to SJ schools
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- School officials in San Jose are excited about a grant opportunity offered by non-profit media group CreaTV.
CreaTV San Jose plans to purchase $500,000 worth of digital media equipment and software, and then award it to 19 schools, public, private or charter. School officials say today's tough budgetary times require these types of partnerships.
"When cuts happen, traditionally the first area that is cut is the arts. So this is an opportunity for not only the arts to be supported, but be supported with state of the art, high quality equipment, that there's no way, I can you, as a district, that we'd be able to do something like this," San Jose Unified Superintendent Vince Matthews said.
The winning schools will have to show a need for the equipment, but also have the facilities and instructors in place to use it. CreaTV manages San Jose's public and education channels on Comcast cable and online.
school competition, non-profit, san jose, south bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 27 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos