South Bay News
Reward for info on man who dumped dog
KING CITY, Calif. -- The SPCA for Monterey County is offering a reward for information leading to a man suspected of abandoning a dog Monday, near a fast food restaurant in King City.
At approximately 11:45 a.m., a woman witnessed a man toss a six to seven-year-old Rat Terrier mix into a dumpster at a McDonald's restaurant at 1350 Broadway Circle.
When the woman approached the suspect, the SPCA said that the man insisted that the dog was not his.
After the man continually denied ownership of the dog, the woman asked for custody of the animal. The suspect then recovered the dog from the dumpster, handed it to the woman and, according to the SPCA, drove away.
SPCA officials described the man as a Hispanic adult between 30 and 40-years-old and just under 5 feet 9 inches tall. He has dark brown or black hair and was clean-shaven at the time of the suspected abandonment.
His vehicle is described as a large, white, American-made pickup truck with untinted windows, the SPCA said. The woman said that he had another small, brown wirehaired terrier riding in the cab of the truck.
The rescued dog, the SPCA said, has an old injury to her left hind leg, is missing a large portion of her top teeth and is noticeably thin. She is recovering at the SPCA facility, located of off the Monterey-Salinas Highway.
If caught, the SPCA said the man may be charged with abandonment and other offenses.
SPCA officials are offering a $500 reward to anyone with information about the case.
Those with further information are asked to anonymously contact the SPCA at (831) 373-2631 or (831) 422-4721 ext.213.
animals in peril, animal, monterey county, crime, reward, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 51 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF 18 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd 4 min ago
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
30 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos