South Bay News
SC's Big Basin State Park to expand
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- Big Basin State Park in the Santa Cruz Mountains will get a little bigger.
The state is expected to close a deal later this month to buy a 535-acre property called Little Basin, which is next to the state park.
The Peninsula Open Space Trust and the Semper-Virens Fund have agreed to sell "Little Basin" to the state for $6.5 million. The two non-profits will use some of the proceeds from the sale to help maintain Little Basin.
santa cruz mountains, non-profit, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos