South Bay News
SC's Big Basin State Park to expand
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- Big Basin State Park in the Santa Cruz Mountains will get a little bigger.
The state is expected to close a deal later this month to buy a 535-acre property called Little Basin, which is next to the state park.
The Peninsula Open Space Trust and the Semper-Virens Fund have agreed to sell "Little Basin" to the state for $6.5 million. The two non-profits will use some of the proceeds from the sale to help maintain Little Basin.
santa cruz mountains, non-profit, south bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos