South Bay News
Car fire threatens SJ home, resident escapes
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Firefighters in San Jose responded to a residential structure fire at 1036 Oakmont Place late Sunday morning, according to Capt. Steve Forman.
The two-alarm blaze, reported at 11:48 a.m., started in a car parked in a garage and was headed up toward one unit in a four-plex, Forman said.
"It was just starting to get into the unit," Forman said. "We were able to confine it to just the garage."
One person in the threatened unit was home at the time and was able to get out safely, Forman said.
Other residents in the four-plex were evacuated as a precaution, Forman said.
The fire was controlled at about 12:40 p.m., Forman said. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
"We don't know how or why that car fire started," Forman said. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters left the scene just before 2 p.m.
san jose, car fire, fire, south bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 46 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 48 min ago
- Family of slain TSA agent files claim for $25M 24 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 57 min ago
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 29 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued