South Bay News
Car fire threatens SJ home, resident escapes
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Firefighters in San Jose responded to a residential structure fire at 1036 Oakmont Place late Sunday morning, according to Capt. Steve Forman.
The two-alarm blaze, reported at 11:48 a.m., started in a car parked in a garage and was headed up toward one unit in a four-plex, Forman said.
"It was just starting to get into the unit," Forman said. "We were able to confine it to just the garage."
One person in the threatened unit was home at the time and was able to get out safely, Forman said.
Other residents in the four-plex were evacuated as a precaution, Forman said.
The fire was controlled at about 12:40 p.m., Forman said. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
"We don't know how or why that car fire started," Forman said. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters left the scene just before 2 p.m.
san jose, car fire, fire, south bay news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 51 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County 39 min ago
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos