South Bay News
AA employee accused of stealing credit card numbers
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A former American Airlines employee at Mineta San Jose International Airport is facing 66 felony charges for allegedly stealing and using customer credit card numbers.
Prosecutors claim Micheline Johnson, 49, of Concord, skimmed customers' credit card numbers for several years while she worked as a customer service agent.
They say she used those numbers on counterfeit credit cards to make purchases of more than $480,000 at Safeway stores in California, Nevada and Washington.
The alleged scheme began sometime around December 2007 and lasted through October 2010, Deputy District Attorney Tom Flattery said.
Safeway analysts allegedly linked Johnson to at least 2,800 transactions using 350 credit card numbers. Several victims claimed their accounts were used at other retailers as well.
Johnson is being held at Santa Clara County's main jail on $1 million bail.
She will enter pleas on charges of grand theft, possession of stolen property, and identity theft on Feb. 28.
Flattery said Johnson had been an American Airlines employee for 20 years.
If convicted, Johnson could face up to 48 years and 4 months in prison.
The case was investigated by REACT, a Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office-led high-tech crimes and identity theft task force.
san jose, mineta san jose international airport, american airlines, credit cards, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 32 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van 7 min ago
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos