South Bay News
39 pounds meth found inside PT Cruiser
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies made a surprising find during a traffic stop. Deputies, with the help of a K-9 unit, discovered 39 pounds of methamphetamine inside a 2001 PT Cruiser last Friday near Gilroy.
The drugs were stashed inside hidden compartments, including the tail lights. The estimated street value of the drugs is $430,000. The lone person in the car was a 54-year old woman from Tijuana who is now in custody.
Authorities say she had crossed into the U.S. earlier in the same day.
drugs, crime, gilroy, santa clara county, south bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 19 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 20 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 4 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos