South Bay News
39 pounds meth found inside PT Cruiser
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies made a surprising find during a traffic stop. Deputies, with the help of a K-9 unit, discovered 39 pounds of methamphetamine inside a 2001 PT Cruiser last Friday near Gilroy.
The drugs were stashed inside hidden compartments, including the tail lights. The estimated street value of the drugs is $430,000. The lone person in the car was a 54-year old woman from Tijuana who is now in custody.
Authorities say she had crossed into the U.S. earlier in the same day.
drugs, crime, gilroy, santa clara county, south bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 50 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 54 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 4 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
50 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
54 min ago