South Bay News
39 pounds meth found inside PT Cruiser
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies made a surprising find during a traffic stop. Deputies, with the help of a K-9 unit, discovered 39 pounds of methamphetamine inside a 2001 PT Cruiser last Friday near Gilroy.
The drugs were stashed inside hidden compartments, including the tail lights. The estimated street value of the drugs is $430,000. The lone person in the car was a 54-year old woman from Tijuana who is now in custody.
Authorities say she had crossed into the U.S. earlier in the same day.
drugs, crime, gilroy, santa clara county, south bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday