South Bay News
San Jose officially 10th largest city in the U.S.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose is now officially the tenth largest city in the United States.
The South Bay's city's population grew enough in the 2010 census to officially make the just released top 10 list.
Our media partner, the Mercury News, points out the city has been ranked tenth by previous population estimates, but the U.S. census count is what makes it official.
san jose, census, south bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 51 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 31 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos