South Bay News
Shots fired into occupied motel room in Gilroy
GILROY, Calif. -- Shots were fired into an occupied motel room in Gilroy Monday night, police said.
Officers responded to the King's Rest Motel, located at 8175 Monterey St., at around 10:30 p.m.
Police discovered several rifle rounds that had been fired through the front window of one of the rooms, police said.
Several of the occupants of the room fled after the shooting. Three of the occupants were found but there were other guests who had not been located as of this morning, police said.
No one was reported injured.
There appeared to have been two suspects who fled on foot and the weapon was not recovered, police said.
The suspects were described as men between the ages of 20 and 25, with medium to heavy builds, wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call (800) 782-7463.
gilroy, shooting, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts