South Bay News
Firefighters battle stubborn blaze at Apple Growers facility
WATSONVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- People with respiratory problems in Watsonville are being told to shelter-in-place this morning while a fire at a warehouse burns itself out.
The fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at the Apple Growers Ice and Cold Storage building.
Firefighters have kept it from spreading. They say there is thick smoke in the air and there is a possibility of an ammonia leak. No evacuations were ordered.
The fire chief says crews could be on the scene for two more days, watching for any flare-ups. Martinelli's keeps its popular brand of apple cider stored at the facility.
watsonville, fire, south bay news
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 12 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 5 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens 27 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos