South Bay News
Firefighters battle stubborn blaze at Apple Growers facility
WATSONVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- People with respiratory problems in Watsonville are being told to shelter-in-place this morning while a fire at a warehouse burns itself out.
The fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at the Apple Growers Ice and Cold Storage building.
Firefighters have kept it from spreading. They say there is thick smoke in the air and there is a possibility of an ammonia leak. No evacuations were ordered.
The fire chief says crews could be on the scene for two more days, watching for any flare-ups. Martinelli's keeps its popular brand of apple cider stored at the facility.
watsonville, fire, south bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 1 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 10 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 50 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 31 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 30 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 11 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos