South Bay News
Police investigate dead body in Santa Cruz apartment
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Cruz police are trying to figure out why a man spent more than a week living with the body of a decomposing woman in a tiny studio apartment.
Investigators say they were called to the apartment earlier this week by neighbors who reported an unusual smell. Inside they found 63-year-old John Clauer living with the badly decomposed body of a 30-year-old woman. An autopsy is planned for this week.
Clauer has not been charged in the case but is being held for an unrelated parole violation.
santa cruz, south bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday