South Bay News
Shooting in San Jose leaves 1 dead, 3 injured
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Officers are investigating a shooting that left one dead and three injured in San Jose this morning, police said.
Police responded to reports of a disturbance in the 1200 block of Oxton Drive shortly after 3 a.m. and discovered a male victim who had been fatally shot.
The suspects had fled the scene before officers arrived and are still at large, police said.
A short time later, officers received reports that three gunshot victims walked into a hospital. One of the victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The other two victims are being treated and their condition was not immediately known.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call police at (408) 277-5283 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 947-7867 or http://svcrimestoppers.org/.
This incident marks San Jose's 25th homicide of the year.
san jose, crime, SJPD, south bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 13 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos