South Bay News
Police to charge driver in fatal crash
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Police in East Palo Alto say they will arrest the driver of a SUV that led officers on a short pursuit before crashing.
The driver is in the hospital recovering from injuries she received in the crash.
Officers say the driver sped away after they tried to pull her over for reckless driving Friday evening on Pulgas Avenue in East Palo Alto.
The chase ended when the vehicle flipped over. A passenger inside the SUV died at the scene.
Police say both women in the SUV were from East Palo Alto. The driver now faces criminal charges including driving under the influence and homicide.
police chase, crash, east palo alto, south bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 18 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos