South Bay News
Rose, White and Blue Parade takes place in SJ
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- Thousands of spectators lined up to watch the Rose, White and Blue Parade in San Jose.
The start of the parade was at West San Carlos and Shasta Avenue. The classic cars, politicians and colorful participants of all ages got rolling down the street around 10 a.m..
There are 156 entrants in the parade. The word 'rose' is used because of San Jose's famous rose gardens.
The parade ends on the Alameda with food, games and lots of activities for the entire family.
San Jose does not have an official fireworks display tonight, but the San Jose Giants will have fireworks over their stadium after their game with Modesto.
4th of july, 4th of july event, san jose, south bay news, karina rusk
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 47 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 40 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos