South Bay News
Rose, White and Blue Parade takes place in SJ
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- Thousands of spectators lined up to watch the Rose, White and Blue Parade in San Jose.
The start of the parade was at West San Carlos and Shasta Avenue. The classic cars, politicians and colorful participants of all ages got rolling down the street around 10 a.m..
There are 156 entrants in the parade. The word 'rose' is used because of San Jose's famous rose gardens.
The parade ends on the Alameda with food, games and lots of activities for the entire family.
San Jose does not have an official fireworks display tonight, but the San Jose Giants will have fireworks over their stadium after their game with Modesto.
4th of july, 4th of july event, san jose, south bay news, karina rusk
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 5 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 42 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 17 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 9 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos