South Bay News
Driver found dead in his car on Hwy 237 ID'd
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- The Santa Clara County medical examiner's office has identified a man who was found dead inside his car on westbound state Highway 237 in Sunnyvale Thursday evening as Boris Protasov.
Protasov, 47, of Sunnyvale, was found around 7:45 p.m. Thursday in his Infiniti G35 on the shoulder of the highway near the Mathilda Avenue exit, California Highway Patrol Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
He was alone inside the car, Bartlett said.
Emergency crews attempted to revive Protasov but were unsuccessful, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His car did not appear to have been involved in a collision, Bartlett said.
Protasov's cause of death has yet to be determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, Bartlett said.
highway 237, sunnyvale, south bay news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 11 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos