South Bay News
Milpitas grass fire nearly extinguished
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Firefighters from Cal Fire have nearly contained a 4- to 5-acre grass fire east of Milpitas today, according to Cal Fire.
Cal Fire first responded to the fire at about 1:15 p.m. near the intersection of Calaveras and Felter roads, Cal Fire Battalion Chief Jim Crawford said.
As of 2:30 p.m., the fire was nearly contained, but Crawford said firefighters would likely be there for another several hours doing cleanup work.
Crawford said initial reports indicated that the fire was threatening structures, but that turned out not to be the case.
There have been no injuries, and the cause is still under investigation.
fire, milpitas, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos