South Bay News
Milpitas grass fire nearly extinguished
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Firefighters from Cal Fire have nearly contained a 4- to 5-acre grass fire east of Milpitas today, according to Cal Fire.
Cal Fire first responded to the fire at about 1:15 p.m. near the intersection of Calaveras and Felter roads, Cal Fire Battalion Chief Jim Crawford said.
As of 2:30 p.m., the fire was nearly contained, but Crawford said firefighters would likely be there for another several hours doing cleanup work.
Crawford said initial reports indicated that the fire was threatening structures, but that turned out not to be the case.
There have been no injuries, and the cause is still under investigation.
fire, milpitas, south bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn 58 min ago
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF 38 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos