South Bay News
Milpitas grass fire nearly extinguished
MILPITAS, Calif. -- Firefighters from Cal Fire have nearly contained a 4- to 5-acre grass fire east of Milpitas today, according to Cal Fire.
Cal Fire first responded to the fire at about 1:15 p.m. near the intersection of Calaveras and Felter roads, Cal Fire Battalion Chief Jim Crawford said.
As of 2:30 p.m., the fire was nearly contained, but Crawford said firefighters would likely be there for another several hours doing cleanup work.
Crawford said initial reports indicated that the fire was threatening structures, but that turned out not to be the case.
There have been no injuries, and the cause is still under investigation.
fire, milpitas, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed