South Bay News
Gilroy Garlic Festival kicks off today
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- The 33rd Annual Garlic Festival kicks off today and this year organizers are tackling a common concern at the event: bad breath. Visitors will get free mouthwash to help get rid of the garlic breath they'll have after enjoying the festival's typical fare.
More than 100,000 people are expected this year hundreds already started pouring in this morning. Another focus for vendors this year is buying and selling local, something they say could have a big impact on the economy.
The typical menu items will return to the festival: garlic bread, garlic fries and of course garlic ice cream.
gilroy, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 5 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos