South Bay News
Gilroy Garlic Festival kicks off today
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- The 33rd Annual Garlic Festival kicks off today and this year organizers are tackling a common concern at the event: bad breath. Visitors will get free mouthwash to help get rid of the garlic breath they'll have after enjoying the festival's typical fare.
More than 100,000 people are expected this year hundreds already started pouring in this morning. Another focus for vendors this year is buying and selling local, something they say could have a big impact on the economy.
The typical menu items will return to the festival: garlic bread, garlic fries and of course garlic ice cream.
gilroy, south bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash 12 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 5 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities 14 min ago
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 43 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 33 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect makes court appearance 18 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday