South Bay News
4.6 Earthquake hits near Pinnacles
PINNACLES, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude of a 4.6 earthquake hit in at 12:18 a.m. 4 miles north of the Pinnacles and 65 miles southeast of San Jose.
There have been a large number of aftershocks that hit between 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m., the strongest being a 3.6 magnitude.
Initial USGS reports say the earthquake was 4.7 miles deep and largely shook the Monterey Bay.
There are no reports of any damage at this time.
earthquake, san leandro, hayward fault, south bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 43 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 25 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos