South Bay News
4.6 Earthquake hits near Pinnacles
PINNACLES, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude of a 4.6 earthquake hit in at 12:18 a.m. 4 miles north of the Pinnacles and 65 miles southeast of San Jose.
There have been a large number of aftershocks that hit between 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m., the strongest being a 3.6 magnitude.
Initial USGS reports say the earthquake was 4.7 miles deep and largely shook the Monterey Bay.
There are no reports of any damage at this time.
earthquake, san leandro, hayward fault, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy 10 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday