South Bay News
Humpback whale delights Santa Cruz whale watchers
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- A humpback whale that's hanging out in shallow water off Santa Cruz isn't there because he's hurt or needs help. Whale watchers are pretty sure he's there because he likes it.
The whale, nicknamed Stinky, seems to have developed a taste for the small anchovies and sardines found in the water just off the beach. He appears perfectly healthy.
Delighted whale watchers have been able to get close enough to smell his breath, thus the nickname.
animal, whale, santa cruz, south bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 2 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 45 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday