South Bay News
SJ officer arrested for sexual misconduct with boys
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Wednesday shocking charges surfaced against a man who is sworn in to serve and protect. A San Jose cop is under arrest accused of having sex with two teenage boys in Gilroy.
A veteran of the force is accused of sexual misconduct with a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old. Gilroy police say the crimes occurred in the police officer's house, which is in a quiet suburban neighborhood.
The San Jose Mercury News, is reporting that the officer provided alcohol to minors at parties in his home and had sex with them.
The 44-year-old San Jose police officer has been under investigation for several years. At 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, as the officer showed up for work at the San Jose Police Department, he was arrested.
"They took one of our officers, Officer Patrick D'Arrigo into custody on a $100,000 warrant, charging him on three counts of child molest. He has been booked in the Santa Clara County main jail," said San Jose police spokesperson Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
And Gilroy police fear there could be more victims.
"It's possible, given the circumstances regarding the alleged misconduct, that there may be additional victims in the community or nearby. We're asking that people who may be a victim to please contact the police department," said Gilroy Police Sgt. Chad Gallacinao.
Reaction among fellow officers was understandably devastating.
"It's been a hard year for us. We've laid off officers, officers took a pay cut here. Now we're dealing with having to have the negative stigma attached with one of our own who's being accused of doing some pretty heinous things," said Dwyer.
D'Arrigo is one of two San Jose police officers accused of covering up a 2008 DUI crash involving a former police officer. He was fired and later rehired last year.
D'Arrigo was released on $100,000 bail and is expected to be arraigned later this week.
san jose, gilroy, south bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday