South Bay News
Police seek man who groped SJSU student
SAN JOSE -- San Jose State University police are trying to identify a man who lured a female student into a secluded area and groped her after offering her a cigarette Monday morning.
The student was sitting on a bench on campus near South Seventh and East San Fernando streets sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. when the suspect offered her the cigarette, university police Sgt. Robert Noriega said.
He then lured her into the alcove of a nearby building, where he groped her and tried to keep her from leaving, Noriega said.
She was able to break free and caught a bus nearby, but the suspect followed her onto the bus, Noriega said.
The suspect eventually got off the bus, and the victim rode the bus to the end of the line at Capitol Expressway, then reported the incident to police at about 11 a.m.
Police are now looking for the suspect, who is described as a black man in his 30s, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, with buck teeth and crooked lower front teeth. He was wearing a blue shirt and black pants.
An alert was sent out to students Monday afternoon notifying them of the incident, Noriega said.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call SJSU police at (408) 924-2222. Those wishing to remain anonymous can call (408) 337-2919 or email email@example.com.
san jose state, south bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 55 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Milpitas police investigate possible...
55 min ago