South Bay News
Gilroy man arrested after armed robbery attempt
GILROY, Calif. -- Police in Gilroy have arrested a man they believe tried to stab someone with a large kitchen knife during a robbery attempt Monday morning.
Officers responded to a report of an attempted robbery in the 8300 block of Arroyo Circle at 9:20 a.m.
The suspect had fled on foot but officers located 25-year-old Darrell Gentry, who matched the description given by the victim. Police said Gentry was carrying the kitchen knife.
Police are looking for a second man who was also involved in the crime and is still at large. He is described only as a Hispanic or black man between the ages of 28 and 30.
Gentry was booked into Santa Clara County Jail for attempted robbery, possession of a dangerous weapon, and a probation violation.
crime, gilroy, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos