South Bay News
Gilroy man arrested after armed robbery attempt
GILROY, Calif. -- Police in Gilroy have arrested a man they believe tried to stab someone with a large kitchen knife during a robbery attempt Monday morning.
Officers responded to a report of an attempted robbery in the 8300 block of Arroyo Circle at 9:20 a.m.
The suspect had fled on foot but officers located 25-year-old Darrell Gentry, who matched the description given by the victim. Police said Gentry was carrying the kitchen knife.
Police are looking for a second man who was also involved in the crime and is still at large. He is described only as a Hispanic or black man between the ages of 28 and 30.
Gentry was booked into Santa Clara County Jail for attempted robbery, possession of a dangerous weapon, and a probation violation.
crime, gilroy, south bay news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger 9 min ago
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need 33 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos