South Bay News
Soldier from Salinas dies in Afghanistan
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- The Department of Defense announced the death of a soldier from Salinas on Sunday.
Army Spc. Ricardo Cerros, Jr. died on Saturday when insurgents attacked his unit in the Logar Province. The 24-year-old served with the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.
Cerros was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington.
army, military, afghanistan, south bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 8 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 34 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
8 min ago